Sabbatical Assistance Grant
As part of ImmunoX's mission to enrich the bonds of collaborative science both internally and externally throughout the global immunology community, funds are being allocated annually to support a series of sabbatical grants, both in support of visiting scholars here at UCSF and, in special circumstances, as assistance to ImmunoX members traveling to other institutions for the purposes of forging long-term and community-serving projects.UCSF faculty, who are ImmunoX members, may apply for support of a visitor or to support their own travel. The ImmunoX Membership & Community Committee is responsible for reviewing and selecting applications for funding.
UCSF faculty who are:
- ImmunoX members as of June 1, 2019
- or those with at least three years of membership at the time of application
- are eligible to apply for incoming or outgoing funding
- in addition, they must demonstrate proof of eligibility within their department.
At this time, there are two variations of the Sabbatical Assistance Grant. Both variations require:
- a minimum stay of one month
- the endorsement from an ImmunoX faculty member
- incoming applicants should also have the endorsement of at least one CoLab director
- outgoing applicants should have the endorsement of at least another UCSF faculty to attest the value of the sabbatical
Applicants will be selected for funding based on how closely their planned sabbatical aligns with ImmunoX’s goals for community engagement (see “Selection and Awards” below).
Selection and Awards:
Prospective applicants are encouraged contact our ImmunoX Chief Strategist, Vincent Chan (email@example.com), to discuss an application.